Our health and safety precautions
The health and safety of students, teachers and staff is our number one priority. Given the unprecedented nature of this pandemic, the British Council will continue to follow all directives made by the relevant authority in the UAE. Our precautions will be kept under review and we will remain vigilant to the latest changes.
- All staff, teachers and students will be required to use face masks
- Temperature screening at the entrance to the Teaching Centre
- Staggered class times to avoid crowding in the reception and other public areas
- Physical distancing measures in all areas with clear signage to help you maintain a safe distance
- New hygiene protocols with sanitation stations
- Students may not attend classes if they are under self-quarantine or leave of absence OR if they have a high temperature, persistent cough, difficulty breathing or other flu-like symptoms.
- All students / parents of Young Learners must sign a self-declaration form when they register for a course to confirm understanding of these measures.
- Teachers will familiarise students about health and safety practices during their first class.
- Class sizes will be limited to ensure proper physical distancing.
- We designed activities to maximise the benefits of group working, while students maintain social distancing.
- Appointments to receive teachers’ feedback can be done over the phone through our customer services team.
- Classes could still be moved online if conditions change.
- Where appropriate, measures are in place for dropping off and collecting students at the start and end of the lesson to maintain physical distancing.
IELTS Tests: Please click here
School examinations: Please click here
We ask candidates not to attend the exam if they have been in contact with anybody suspected to have been exposed to novel coronavirus (Covid-19), or who have a cough, fever or are showing signs of being short of breath. We have introduced a few processes to ensure the safety of our candidates during the examinations. This include:
- Self-declaration form: All candidates must sign a declaration form at the entrance of the exams area on exam day to declare that they are eligible to attend the exam session
- Candidates should not attend the exam if: they are under a quarantine, self-quarantine, stay-at-home or medical surveillance order, as specified by the local authorities OR if they have a high temperature, persistent cough, difficulty breathing or other flu-like symptoms
- Temperature screening will be in place at all exam venues. candidates with symptoms of fever will not be able to take the exam and will be asked to go home.
- Social distancing measures must be adhered to – with staff and candidates always two metres apart
- All candidates will be required to bring and use their own face masks.
- New hygiene protocols in place with sanitation stations in every exam centre
- Candidates will have to bring their own stationery (pen, pencil and eraser), and this must be taken away with them after the exam - except for scratch paper, notes or workings sheets.
- Candidates should limit their belongings to only essential items like a wallet / purse and mobile.
- In Abu Dhabi, exam candidates must download and install the Alhosn app in their mobile and show the app at the entrance to the venue.
This page is dedicated to Covid-19 update for international students
Programmes in Arts, Education and Society
The British Council has postponed all our cultural activities, where these events include public gatherings as per the government directives. We have developed a number of online activities so that we can continue with our cultural programme. We are now in contact with our partners and programme beneficiaries via email, webinars and telephone. We also invite you to follow any updates via our social media.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely. Given the unprecedented nature of this pandemic, the British Council will continue to follow all directives made by the UAE Government. The situation may place us apart for now but we remain deeply committed to our vision of a more connected world of which everyone is a part.
If you would like to reach us for more information, please email email@example.com
Thank you for your continued support and understanding during these extraordinary times.
The British Council United Arab Emirates.