The British Council will administer the October- November 2020 school exams series in line with the latest health and safety regulations issued by the UAE Government, the examining boards guidelines as well as the British Council school exams global standards which have been developed in light of Covid-19.
The exams series will take place with proper dispositions in place, including:
Larger venues:we are conducting the examinations in larger venues to accommodate social distancing.
Health and safety measures: we have set clear guidance on health and safety measures and standards for exams venues to follow, including:
- Temperature check for candidates and staff.
- Mandatory face masks and gloves on site at all times.
- A bespoke policy for handling personal belongings, waiting areas, testing rooms and exits.
- In Abu Dhabi, as per government directives, it is mandatory for all exam candidates to show the Alhosn app on their mobile phone to gain entry to the exam venue.
Enhanced hygiene measures: all exams venues will be cleaned in advance of the exam session. Cleaning staff will be on site whenever we are open to ensure prompt sanitisation of surfaces and bathroom facilities after every use.
Emergencies response: we have developed a comprehensive policy for emergency cases' management. It engulfs two essential elements: enhancing the pre-test readiness of the exams team and managing any medical emergencies on the test day.
Staff training: all staff and venue staff will be fully trained on these health and safety measures including the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), management of emergency cases as well as the layout and standards of the customer journey to ensure effective and safe management of the exam session.
Given the unprecedented nature of this pandemic, the British Council will continue to follow all directives made by the UAE Government.
Should the situation change and affect plans for exams, we will communicate with candidates and schools and liaise with exam partners on the next steps.
- Oct-Nov Health and Safety Measures – Test Day Journey – Candidates
- Oct-Nov Incident/Emergency Management Plan
- FAQs on potential scenarios/impact before and during the session