We are looking for events to join the affiliate programme for UK/UAE 2017.
Throughout 2017, the British Council will collaborate with a wide range of British and Emirati partners to create a diverse programme that spans the arts, literature, education, society, sport, science and trade in the UAE.
UK/UAE 2017 will reach around half a million people across the UAE. As a partner there are unique mutual benefits to be gained through cooperation on branding and marketing and communications: association with a series of world-class arts and educational events and integration into our innovative year-long communications campaign.
Participation in UK/UAE 2017 connects you with prestigious partners and some of the most exciting arts organisations and practitioners in the UK and the UAE.
Call for proposals
The British Council is encouraging organisations in the UK and UAE to suggest planned or existing projects with the potential to be part of the Season. In particular it is looking for projects which:
- align with the themes of the season (Next Generation, Community and Inclusion)
- contribute to the programme’s overall geographical spread within the UAE
- build on an established partnership between a British and an Emirati partner and/or promoter
- have the ability to attract Emirati target audiences
- present high-quality contemporary UK culture in the UAE
- contribute to representation of the whole of the UK in the UAE
- contribute to a representation of the diversity and richness of UK culture.
Our team will consider proposals for content and their alignment with the agreed set of criteria.
Please note that we are unable to offer financial support to projects in the affiliate programme.