The British Council has been administering school exams for more than 75 years. We will make sure that everything runs smoothly on the day, so that you can concentrate on doing your best.
There are some important forms and materials that you will need to bring on the exam day. And of course, you need to know about your exams dates, venues and times. You can find all of this information via the links below.
We ask candidates not to attend the exam if they have been in contact with anybody suspected to have been exposed to novel coronavirus (Covid-19), or who have a cough, fever or are showing signs of being short of breath. We have introduced a few processes to ensure the safety of our candidates during the examinations. This include:
- Self-declaration form: All candidates must sign a declaration form at the entrance of the exams area on exam day to declare that they are eligible to attend the exam session
- Candidates should not attend the exam if: they are under a quarantine, self-quarantine, stay-at-home or medical surveillance order, as specified by the local authorities OR if they have a high temperature, persistent cough, difficulty breathing or other flu-like symptoms
- Candidates under 18 years have to get the declaration form signed by the guardian. The guardian will have to leave the exam premises and return to collect their ward.
- Temperature screening will be in place at all exam venues. candidates with symptoms of fever will not be able to take the exam and will be asked to go home.
- Social distancing measures must be adhered to – with staff and candidates always two metres apart
- All candidates will be required to bring and use their own face masks.
- New hygiene protocols in place with sanitation stations in every exam centre
- Candidates will have to bring their own stationery (pen, pencil and eraser), and this must be taken away with them after the exam - except for scratch paper, notes or workings sheets.
- Candidates should limit their belongings to only essential items like a wallet / purse and mobile.
- In Abu Dhabi, exam candidates must download and install the Alhosn app in their mobile and show the app at the entrance to the venue.
If you have a disability or specific need, please see our information on making special arrangements.