The Creative Futures conference is a unique opportunity to discuss the social and economic impact of the creative economy in the Gulf. If the creative industries are to succeed in the long term, they will need skilled and talented young professionals for a wide variety of industries ranging from film, museums, festivals, music, live events, fashion, visual arts, performing arts, literature and design. The conference will provide delegates with a platform to debate how best to support this emerging economic sector, notably through arts & culture education and the development of soft and technical skills for the next generation.
Main objectives of the Conference
- To inform decision makers thinking around the creative skills required for a modern workforce
- To bring experts from the UK and the Gulf together to share knowledge, expertise and ideas to support the development of strategies, policies and programmes that will help to grow a modern creative workforce in the Gulf states
- To help partners in the Gulf and in the UK to understand the challenges and opportunities related to developing a workforce for the creative sector
- To provide a unique opportunity for people working in the areas of cultural skills and workforce development to network and make new connections for potential future partnerships
- To share the findings of British Council’s latest research about the cultural sector in the Gulf
If you would like to register to attend the conference, please do so via our conference app ‘Attendify’. The app is available on Android and iOS.
Travel bursaries consisting of flight and hotel bookings (to be made directly by the British Council) are available through the British Council UAE office. Please see below eligibility criteria and link to application form which must be submitted no later than 10th January 2019.
1. Applicants must be based in the UAE, either holding a residency visa, work permit or Emirati passport
2. Applicants must be working in or planning a career in the cultural sector in the Gulf countries
3. Applicants must be available to attend the entire conference in Riyadh 2-4 February 2019
4. Applicants must complete application form within the deadline
Awards will be made and communicated within 5 working days of closing date. Awards will be made following criteria to ensure a diverse and representative attendance at the conference. Criteria will take into consideration availability of funds, number of applications, geographical spread of applicants, field of work, sector experience and quality of responses to question.
The conference is being managed via the Attendify app. If your bursary application is successful, our team will provide you with a password and a link to register through the app. We will only consider your attendance as confirmed once you have registered.
If you would like to fund your own trip to the conference (and you have a valid visa for Saudi Arabia) then please get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org