Becoming an attached centre is straightforward. All you need to do is get in touch and complete the relevant forms. You can become an approved centre in four simple steps:
Contact the British Council to let us know you’re interested in becoming an attached centre.
Find out if your school meets the requirements for becoming an attached centre outlined under 'Fees and requirements' below.
Complete and return the ‘centre approval form’ for the CIE or Pearson Edexcel attached-centre application documents provided by the British Council.
You may need to provide:
- a school prospectus or other promotional literature
- a list of all teaching staff, including names, qualifications, nationality, years at the school and subject expertise
- samples of both teachers’ preparation books and student papers
- a list of subjects and syllabuses offered at the school
- attendance records and lesson timetables.
Allow a British Council representative to come to inspect your school and discuss your teaching approach.
The approved inspector will need to speak with the school principal and be allowed to ask questions of both teachers and students as needed.
The inspector will submit a report to the British Council. We will communicate the details to the appropriate board. If all goes well your school will be approved to start offering International GCSEs, IGCSEs or A-levels.
Once approved, your school must agree to accept periodic and unannounced re-inspection from British Council representatives.