Through higher education, young citizens gain a wider understanding of both their country and the world around them.
Our globally recognised Internationalising Higher Education programme in the UAE links us with partners in the UK, government, universities and the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research. It builds capacity in UAE universities to develop expertise in the areas of:
- quality assurance
- academic research
- employability and career development
- leadership and management.
As part of this programme we aim to:
- enhance the quality of universities in through our work with the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, the National Research Foundation, local partners in the UAE and UK partners
- encourage local and international discussion and debate around higher education issues and challenges
- expose staff and students from universities in the UAE to UK approaches to higher education and research
- support government policies for increased growth in employment through skills-based qualifications and training
- take part in professional networks and dialogue that promote the sharing of information and ideas.
The programme has opened doors for UAE universities to showcase our expertise internationally.
Our current projects include Researcher Connect. Researcher Connect is a series of short interactive learning modules for researchers at any stage of their career and from any academic discipline. It focuses on the development of excellent communication skills using English language in international, multicultural contexts.
Researcher Connect was developed to help researchers meet the demands of an increasingly competitive global market, where the ability to communicate research effectively is paramount to success.
In the UAE, we are collaborating with the National Research Foundation to implement this project.
For further information please download the Researcher Connect brochure below.
Read more about our activities on the British Council Internationalising Higher Education website.