- Are you interested in publishing in international journals?
- Are you interested in applying for funding from national and international bodies?
- Are you interested in building international collaborations to further your research?
In collaboration with the UK Science and Innovation Network (SIN) and the UK Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), the British Council UAE is pleased to offer you the chance to register for the Capacity Building for Researchers course.
In an increasingly competitive and global market, researchers need to be equipped with the skills to communicate their results to an international audience. The Capacity Building for Researchers course contributes to the professional development of researchers in the key areas outlined by the Vitae Research Development Framework and offers a series of modules delivered in workshop format by experienced and quality-assured trainers. It provides participants with the insights, understanding and tools to communicate effectively, whatever the situation or context. Its secondary function is the development of critical thinking, reflective and critiquing skills.
1. Early career researchers (Masters or Ph.D)
2. English language competence level B-2 or above. Please present an international certificate. (IELTS/Cambridge/TOEFL).
3. This opportunity is available only for researchers who have not attended Researcher Connect Workshop, February 2016 or the previous Capacity Building for Researchers Workshop, November 2016.
4. Research position at a Research Institute, University or other scientific organisation.
5. Once your participation in the programme has been confirmed, you will be required to present a letter of support from your institution/employer.
6. All nationalities are accepted.
Programme dates: 21st to 23rd February 2017, 0900 – 1600
Places are limited. To register, please complete the registration form no later than 7th February 2017.
For more information please feel free to contact Asmaa Ibrahim.