Follow these simple steps to register for your IGCSE (International GCSE) and school exams:
Exam registration for candidates
Step 1: Complete your registration online
If your examination board is either Cambridge Assessment International Education (CIE), Pearson Edexcel or Oxford International AQA
You will need to complete your registration form online through the School Exams Registration System.
Please make sure you provide a valid e-mail ID as all communications about your registration will be sent directly to your e-mail account automatically.
When to register
Do I need to make any special arrangements
Step 2: Pay for your exams
You will find the fees for all exams on the School Registration System. Your registration will not be processed until you have paid for your exams.
You can also pay via cash or credit-card at any of our centres in the UAE.
Each examination board has a normal registration stage for each exam session. You may still be able to register for exams after this date, but you will have to pay a penalty fee. You can find more information about late registration penalty fees through the British Council office.
Step 3: Submit your documents and receive confirmation
Once you have regeistered online and paid all fees, you will need to persoanlly submit the below documents to your nearest British Council centre where you wish to take your exam. Please note you can submit your school exam documents to either of our centres in Dubai or Sharjah if your exam center is in Dubai.
- Three recent coloured passport-size photographs. These must be identical and taken within the past three months.
- A clear photocopy of your valid passport or Emirates ID with which you have registered for your exam
- Copy of the "School Exam Registration Summary"
- If you have chosen to pay online, print your online payment summary
- 'No Objection Certificate’, if you are a school candidate registering with the British Council for your exams
- Previous statement of results if you are re-taking entries
You will receive your Statement of Entry and information about your examination venues approximately three weeks before your exams.
Need to amend your entry?
Please note that you have to visit the local British Council office for any changes in your exam registration. There will be service charge depending on the level of entry at the time of request for this service.